International beer and pizza day
There’s little that makes a day as glorious as finishing it off with that perfect combination of beer and pizza. The foamy head on top of a glass of amber colored joy seems to be tailor made to go with the rich and cheesy texture of that favorite of treats, pizza. It’s little wonder that these two go together so well, the salty savory buttery crust of the pizza is reminiscent of that other favorite bar treat, the pretzel. Beer and Pizza Day reminds us to take a moment to indulge in this delightful combo, and remember the good things in life.
BEER PIZZA CRUST
1-2 pizza crusts
- 3cups unbleached flour(plus more for dusting)
- 1tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1(12 ounce) can beer(I use light)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the beer and mix well.
- The dough will be sticky.
- Spread a handful of flour on your work surface and dump the dough onto it.
- Tiss the dough around to coat it with flour and prevent it from sticking.
- Knead it 2 or 3 times to make it pliable.
- Shape the dough into a ball and divide it in two if you are making 2 thin crust pizzas.
- For a deep dish pie do not divide.
- Grease your pizza pan with oil and use a rolling pin to roll the dough out into a circle.
- Brush crust with olive oil lightly and then add your sauce and toppings.
- Bake for 12- 15 minutes or until golden brown on top.
CREDIT: GENIUS KITCHEN
Get It Bloemfontein October